While the wintersport season is almost over in the Northern Hemisphere, I’d like to share these fun photographs with you I took on the 6th and 7th of March this year in Val Thorens (French Alps). We arrived for skiing and were completely surprised by a snow storm that visited the Alps for almost 32 hours. Of course it’s a pity you cannot ski, but on the other hand we enjoyed ourselves with drinking hot chocolate, reading books, bathing, walking in the snow, sitting in the sauna, drinking red Rhone wines and total relaxation. After the storm we had a meter (!) of beautiful fresh powder and 4 full days of sunshine & skiing, so in the end it didn’t spoil our holidays. Scroll down to find out what are the 7 signs that will let you know you are seriously snowed in.
1. When you want to go for a drink on a terrace but the snow took all the seats
You choose: cold butt, or rather sit inside…..
2. When there are icicles from over a meter hanging down the roofs
You have to seriously watch out when the snow and the ice starts melting…. No one likes an icicle in his/her head……
3. When the roof tops are covered by a thick layer of powder
Pretty, isn’t it? But same ‘problem’ here: when the temperatures go up again, it’s serious business to walk under or past roof tops.
4. When you can’t find your parked car
“Ehh… Darling, where exáctly did you park?”
5. When you sink in a layer of snow with every step.
Happy feet…. but hey, where **** áre they?
6. When these machines are busy the whole day with cleaning the streets…
And creating piles of snow like these…. Respect for the people who go out during the storm to make sure the roads stay (at least a bit) accessible….
7. When the storm is over you have beautiful fresh powder, sunshine and long days of lovely skiing
How much I love skiing……
Until next time,
*Note: All images are mine. Made with a Canon EOS M3 camera. It was my own idea to write this article.